About Me

My photo
I'm stuck in a world of questions and "sane insanity".

Monday, January 15, 2007

First day of school


After about 5 weeks of wonderful holidays, the reluctant students of UB-SIM had to drag themselves back to school. We met our lecturers for this semester and because of grade requirements I, Derek Joseph Sun faced no other choice but to embark on something relatively new to me. BLOGGING!!For those who have no idea as to what to do but are willing to try, rest assured you are not alone. Yours truly shall accompany you on a journey of social and personal reflection. I hope this comes out nicely, its only the first post but what the hell, might as well make full use of it.

So anyway let me start by introducing myself, the name is Derek as those bright people out there would probably realize however, lets make this informal just call me Rek. Yes my english sucks but hey not everyone is perfect innit? I mean lets face it even Professors(Most recognized for their high intellectual level) make mistakes. So whats the deal. We all got something we are good at and at the same time something we are bad at. Well, i could be darn well pessimistic and share with the whole web what im good at.(nothing) or be optimistic and add on the fact that i can play the drums and guitar reasonably well but hey! People being people would probably end up saying that im boasting. What makes people happy??

Yes i play music, a damn well lover of it. Rock is my favourite.Pop? nah not really. heavy metal well although all that nonsensical shouting doesn't amuse me i do have shit loads of respect for the people playing the instruments. Anyway, yes i have a band. 2 actually. One is more or less settled, while the other one well still in the midst of production. Some may ask why 2 bands? Well, since i can jam around like a clown with 2 instruments, i might as well have two bands. One as a guitarist and the other as a drummer.

My main band is called the KillerJanes. Well, now with at least 1 public performance, i can say we are making it productive. Some people may have seen us, cheered for us but deep down cursed us but hey like i said, no ones perfect.

So what else do i occupy my otherwised mentally challenged self with? Counterstrike. oooo i love that game. Manz i being playing that for years and am proud to say, i have improved. i know the game is pretty sadistic with all the shootings and killings but look on the bright side, it sure beats venting your frustrations out on a person physically.

I guess thats all i got for you on this first blog.The more i type, the more england mistakes ill make, plus the amount of bollocks ill get from people would most certainly dampen my mood to ever write again. So be happy people, accept others for what they are, the world needs a balance of capable people and not so capable people. its people like me that keeps capable people in business. See i'm being optimistic about what i am good at. Nothing.



5 comments:

Kevin said...

Believe it or not, you've got an interesting rhetoric going... you seem like an "optimistic pessimist". :)

Wish I could check out some tracks from your KillerJanes. If you a demo to share, bring it to class and let's start our class with some rock/metal theme music. I'm serious.

Rek said...

Haha thanks , but we have not recorded a demo sadly.

Ireth Seregon said...

i liked the stompaids song, a live song is too loud for me. Liked your blog, lots of relevant stuff we feel too. Sometimes it is good to vent your frustrations in rock music. Do u do metal or is it just Hans?

B e n j a m i n said...

hahahahaha

Renhao said...

HAHAHAHAHA... omg I'm sorry Monica you didn't ask a stupid question, really. It just sounds... strangely absurd to me.

Hans must see this. Hans = metal. Well he wouldn't really be complaining. :) Anyway Monica, I believe Derek said he does abit. Few people in class can or rather will go as far as Hans la. Lucky boy started young. And has passione.

Derek (and Kevin too). Hai took the video remember? We could just root the audio out of there if it's acceptable quality, for you to distribute. As for pre-class rock, heh. Like I said. We have AV, not just a demo tape. Ask Hai.