About Me

My photo
I'm stuck in a world of questions and "sane insanity".

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

If you cant beat it , join it

Well well well, apparently my first entry was shown to the other Com125 class this morning. Oh my God!!! Embarrassing but hey at least it wasn't shown as a bad example. Anyway today, has been a wierd day for me. Intense emo-ness. It really sucks. i can't explain how come or what is bothering me but hey i guess its really deep. Deep enough that i shall not even figure it out here.



Anyway, after reading my post yesterday, Mr Kevin has requested if the 'KillerJanes' has a demo, so that we could play it before class starts. Sadly, that would be impossible at least right now. The band has not come up and tightened enough songs to even consider recording. However, i have decided to post up the lyrics of "Depress".



Okay for those of you who dont know, i wrote and composed "Depress". With the talents of my dear band mates Isa and John, it has turned from a raw set of chords into something with more feeling and emotion in it. To those who are wondering what song i'm talking about, well its the one we played at Stompaids. Obviously judging from it's name, its not exactly a song you might want to hear if you wake up feeling bright and cheery so thats abit of warning to you guys. Well to prove my point, i once sent a rough accoustic copy to a course mate of mine and guess what she actually cried.



Success!!! you see i am not being mean and cruel but what more can a composer ask for then being able to project an emotion unto someone. To be honest i was sooo happy. HaHa



"Depress"-KillerJanes



Drink a cup of coffee
Vomit out a piece of me
Take my breath away, struggling to be free
Eat the worms alive, swallow all my tears
Hide my most inner thoughts, the ends getting near.....the ends getting near.



I wake up to see the sun
But in my mind it's black(in my mind it' black)
another day has started i want my life back



Take a puff of my cigarette
a second of my life is gone
it does not matter to me anymore
And what i find reliable
will never be the same
the more you give me something
the more ill start to sway



i wake up to see the sun
but in my mind it's black
another day has started i want my life back......

(Repeated Chorus)


Well that was my lyrics, for those who dont like it, well too bad. anyway talking about lyrics making sense out of emotions, i guess thats a good song to play now. Be back again peeps.Adios!!

1 comment:

Velvet Eden said...

Hey Derek!

I've the band performance video for Stompaids DAy 3. Let me know if u want it by placing a comment on my blog :)

Cheers!